Child Side School is a community that has been set up to provide the very best learning environment we can for our children. As a community we embrace involvement by our community members and the benefits this brings.
All parents and friends with children attending our school have some level of involvement whether it is communicating with educators, browsing through learning logs or attending events. This section of our website provides information about how you can have a greater level of involvement, and we actively encourage you to do so. For more detailed information the school’s general information documents are invaluable.
Different ways you can get involved in your school are provided in this section, each requiring a different level of commitment. The five sections cover:
- Governing Council – a formal and legally required body requiring strong commitment.
- Parent and Friend (P&F) Group – a social and flexible group that provides an essential role in the school’s sustainability.
- Sharing Skills – an opportunity for individuals to share real life skills, knowledge and experiences.
- Events – regular social and celebratory functions that occur every year the help to strengthen our/your community.
- Fund Raising – annual events that are coordinated by the P&F Group but rely on everyone’s input for success.
It is important to remember your involvement is encouraged to ensure the best outcome for your school as a whole; and not as individuals or as parents seeking what is best for their own personal needs or their child’s.
In order to be able to provide a small by design independent school many contributions have been made over time and it is important to acknowledge them, whether big or small. For this purpose we have developed a Thank You page to say just that……… “thank you”.