There are many types of events that occur at your school on a regular basis some occur every week, others once a term and some once a year. The purpose of these events varies from enabling you an insight into your child’s learning experiences and development through to social events designed to strengthen our community and celebrate those special times of the year. The events include:
- Morning work – provides a daily opportunity for every parent to work and communicate intellectually with the children as they work together.
- Wednesday afternoon Learning Team Debrief – a weekly opportunity for parents to sit with school educators to get an update on their child/ren’s progress within the school environment.
- Enterprise day – on the last Friday of the month during Terms 1 to 3 there is an opportunity to use your skills make a little money and get together for a fun and relaxed end to the week.
- Big Ideas exhibitions – at the end of each Big Idea project children prepare their research and work so parents, family and friends can observe what they have learnt but more importantly the journey they have taken.
- Busy bees – once a term these events are when a great deal of general maintenance around the school gets done, but also provide an opportunity to meet and greet other members of our community.
- Community development events – every so often parents, families and friends are invited to increase or refresh their knowledge and understanding of areas of interest, with specialist speakers such as Maggie Dent.
- Easter breakfast – on the last day of Term 1 we have a shared breakfast/brunch – a simple tradition of renewal and regeneration.
- Christmas spiral – on the second last day of Term 4 we all return to school for an evening celebration that involves simple traditions to celebrate what is important to each of us.
- Little Day Out – Our annual open day and fete. A fantastic day for all the family with events, stalls, demonstrations, food court, yummy cake stall and so much more showcasing the best of Child Side School.
- Fire, Food and Fun Festival – Come and buy your dinner from Child Side families homemade food stalls and then stay to watch the Young Adolescent Cluster do a fire and dance performance.
Glow sticks will be available for sale as fund raising for the event by the performers.